Campus in pictures
- Inauguration of Freshers Day Celebrations 2016
- Cultural Programme by Senior Students
- Release of College Magazine 2015-16 by the Principal
- To motivate our students to achieve intellectual excellence, to become good citizens of character and ability committed to the service of fellow countrymen.
- To facilitate the continuous up gradation and to strive for improvement in quality and ability of the faculty members.
- To contribute our best so as to be useful to the society.
- To stress the primacy of material and spiritual values in the integrated development of the students.
Our vision is to mould a capable generation who could lead a Good life, inspired by Love and guided by Knowledge.
Kizhoor is a remote village adjacent to Kunnamkulam town, in Thrissur District. The long cherished dream of the local people to have a centre of Higher Education in Kizhoor became a reality on 30-09-1981 with the foundation of Sree Vivekananda College. On that auspicious day pre-degree batches were started in the temporary shed erected in the compound of the local Vernacular L.P. school, Kizhoor.
The formation of the college was a long felt need. Its design can be traced back to the 30-06-1980 decision of the Cochin Devaswom Board, with Sri.N.Ramankutty Achan as president, Sri.A.S.Chakrapani and Sri.T.K.Krishnan as members, to start a regular Arts and Science College at Kizhoor in the Kunnamkulam Municipal area. A committee with Sri.K.P.Viswanathan MLA as chairman and Sri.V.A.Raghavan(Municipal Chairman) as secretary comprising eminent citizens from various walks of life was constituted for this purpose. The Government of Kerala accorded sanction for starting the College at Kizhoor hill owned by the Cochin Devaswom Board, adjacent to the famous Karthiayani temple. In deference to the popular wish it was resolved to name the college as SREE VIVEKANANDA COLLEGE.
The College started functioning in the academic year 1981-82 with two pre-degree batches. The College was upgraded as a Degree College in 1991 with the commencement of B.A. English course. The B.Com degree course with IT Law was started in 1993. Vivekananda became a First Grade college with the starting of M.Com course in 1998. In the very next year, B.A.Malayalam course was started. At present the college has P.G programme in Commerce & English and U.G programmes in English, Malayalam and Commerce. In the year 2012 the College was upgraded by the UGC with 12(B) and 2(f) status.